From palace to tribunal : the courtroom
A courtroom in the heart of the MAHB.
The imposing ceiling of oak panelling dating from the 17th Century is the Bishop's former courtroom suits well the personality of Bishop J. d'Angennes, who occupied the Episcopal seat from 1606 to 1647.
This large interior space of about 150m2 and bearing strong symbolic value housed the tribunal's courtroom from 1793. Visitors to the museum are invited to walk across the room, presented in its former function, with its original Louis Philippe furniture.