The 19th Century - the Gérard room
The collections from the Imperial era and the Restoration have been brought together in a space designed by Baron Henri-Alexandre Gérard in order to exhibit a collection of 37 paintings, which he donated to the City of Bayeux in 1899.
The gallery now host the works of great names of Neoclassicism (David, Gros, François Gérard ou Robert Lefèvre). The adjacent alcove reveals others aspects of the same period. It mentions the stage actess Marguerite Weimer (Bayeux 1787 - Passy 1867), better known as Mademoiselle George who was either adulated or hated by the public and fascinated emperors and writers.