Bayeux porcelain

A space entirely dedicated to Bayeux Porcelain (1812-1951) occupies the first floor of the new building and serves as a "bridge" between the 19th and 20th Centuries. The collection provides a summary of the evolution in taste in the decorative arts over a century and a half.

The technical developments and economic strategies which enabled the manufacture to blossom are also highlighted. The contemporary architecture emphasises the modernity of fireproof porcelain produced for the chemical industry : 3000 pieces manufactured just after the war are on display here.